École Élémentaire Sunshine Hills Elementary School

Home of the Lions

History

Sunshine Hills ElementarySunshine Hills Elementary School was originally named "Peck Road School". What was Peck Road then is now 64th Avenue. The school was renamed Sunshine Hills shortly after the school had opened in April 1958 as requested by the Peck Road School PTA. A local developer, Tom Ryall, bought 250 acres in the Sunshine Hills municipality in the mid 1950's. The Municipality encouraged him to develop some of the land as residential areas. The name "Sunshine Hills" was chosen by Tom Ryall as a realtor's advertisement, "sunshine" being a valuable commodity in the Lower Mainland.  Sunshine Hills is the largest elementary school in the Delta School District, with a student population of nearly 600.